October is National Cyber Security Month! Get in the know! #CyberAware1 Oct
It’s National Cyber Security Awareness Month! Here are some quick tips to stay safe online:
- Set strong passwords and don’t share them with anyone;
- Keep your operating system, browser, and other critical software optimized by installing updates;
- Maintain an open dialogue with your family, friends, and community about Internet safety;
- Limit the amount of personal information you post online and use privacy settings to avoid sharing information widely;
- Be cautious about what you receive or read online—if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is; and
- Visit www.DHS.gov/StopThinkConnect to learn more about how you can help strengthen America’s cybersecurity.
For more information about National Cyber Security Awareness Month 2015, visit http://www.dhs.gov/national-cyber-security-awareness-month-2015. For more information on Neovera’s cyber security services, visit https://neovera.com/cybersecurity/.